Books a mess? No Problem!
If you own a small business and haven't kept up with your bookkeeping, don't worry, we can help! From start-ups to established enterprises, we have a dedicated team of experts to act as an extension of your company.
How we can help:
1. Initial consultation to understand your unique accounting needs
2. Create a personalized plan to track and manage your financial goals
3. Monthly bookkeeping and financials
4. Review and answer any questions you have
When it comes to paying employees, laws and the IRS have made the payroll function a time consuming nightmare for the small business owner. We offer payroll solutions that meet your business needs and enable you to spend time doing what you do best...running your business.
Payroll services included:
1. New hire reporting
2. W-2s at year end
3. Payroll reports
4. Direct deposit at no extra charge
5. Employee portals
6. Quarterly tax filings & deposits
7. Time-off tracking
8. Garnishment service
Preparing your own tax return can be a task that leaves you with more questions than answers. Whether we like it or not, today's tax laws are so complicated that filing a relatively simple return can be confusing. It is just too easy to overlook deductions and credits to which you may be entitled.
Here's what you get...
* Your tax return will be checked by our software and rechecked by a CPA
* Your tax return will be filed electronically at no extra charge
* We will take the time to review and answer any questions you have
As a small business owner you have more important things to do than to keep your own books. I take care of your books for you, so you can get back to the job of running your business and generating profits.
Each month or quarter I will do the following things for you...
* Reconcile your bank account
* Generate an income statement
* Generate a balance sheet
* Clean up your general ledger
* Provide unlimited consultations
These tasks form the solid foundation of your small business accounting system. You can customize the package of services you receive by adding payroll, tax planning, tax preparation, or any of my other services.
Reconciling your business checking account each month allows me to keep your bank account, accounting, and taxes up-to-date.
Having me reconcile your account each month allows you to...
*dentify lost checks, lost deposits and unauthorized wire transactions.
* Detect and prevent excess/unjustified bank charges and ensure transactions are posted correctly by your bank.
* Detect and prevent embezzlement of funds from within your company.
* Know how your business is doing? You can't really know unless all accounts are reconciled and properly accounted for on your financial statement.
* Manage your cash more effectively. Proper management of funds not only saves money, it makes money for you.
* Protect yourself. By timely reconciling and promptly objecting to your bank about any unauthorized, fraudulent or forged checks presented to your bank and paid by that bank, you can relieve your agency of responsibility for the shortfall and transfer the risk to the bank. This reason to reconcile alone should be enough. Crime exists.
* Sleep Better. You will sleep more peacefully at night knowing your bank accounts are reconciled, in balance and that all escrow funds, accounts, checks and disbursed funds are properly accounted for.
As an Enrolled Agent and CPA, I am uniquely qualified to represent you in resolving tax controversies with the Internal Revenue Service.
I also understand that any interaction with the Internal Revenue Service can be a difficult experience, and our experienced professionals will work with you to first assess your situation and provide you with our expert advice in resolving it both timely and thoroughly.
IRS Audit Representation
Audits take significant time away from your business and family and require gathering records to substantiate each and every item reported on your tax return and develop a comprehensive understanding of tax law.
IRS auditors are trained to extract more information from you than you have a legal obligation to provide. We handle it all for you so that you need not take time off of your business or job to handle the bureaucracy and paperwork of the IRS. No lost wages or business. You simply forward notification of an audit to us and we handle it from A to Z.
Offer in Compromise
The Offer in Compromise program allows you to settle your debt with the IRS for pennies on the dollar. The program allows taxpayers to settle with the IRS on tax debt that has been incorrectly assessed or for liabilities they cannot afford to pay.
The IRS has recently announced its Fresh Start Initiative to help individuals and small business meet their tax obligations without adding unnecessary burden to taxpayers. The highlights of the initiative include:
* Reduced installment agreement requirements for taxpayers owing $50,000 or less
* Reduced installment agreement requirements for taxpayers owing payroll taxes of $25,000 or less
* Lengthened amount of time that a taxpayer can pay their balance under the installment agreement
* Expanded living expenses through the OIC program
* Lowered amount of future income required
IRS Installment Agreement
If you don't qualify for the IRS Offer In Compromise program, a Payment Plan may be the way to resolve your problem. Setting up a payment plan with the IRS gives you more time to pay off your tax debts.
Unfortunately, penalties and interest will continue to be charged on your outstanding balance as you pay the debt off. You are required by law to pay the interest on your tax debt.
IRS Wage Garnishment
Once a wage garnishment is filed with your employer, your employer is required by law to collect a large percentage of each of your paychecks. We are regularly retained to negotiate the release of IRS wage garnishments by arranging a payment plan. The payment plan allows you to receive your whole paycheck without fears of future wage garnishments.
Levies are used to seize your wages and whatever other assets you have. This includes checking accounts, automobiles, stocks, bonds, boats, paychecks and Social Security. We are often able to have those levies released and help you out of such a situation.
When your taxes are not paid the IRS establishes a lien against all of your assets (especially real estate). This gives the IRS the legal right to collect taxes from the sale of your assets. The lien can be against you, your spouse or your company. A lien against your company would seize your accounts receivables. Liens filed against you by the IRS also show up on your credit report and often prevent you from opening a checking account or borrowing against any assets, like your home. We assist you with lien subordination, discharges and withdrawals.
Trust Fund Recovery Penalty
Failure to pay payroll taxes cannot only result in substantial penalties to the employer, but it may also result in the taxes being directly assessed against the owner or other responsible person of the company. Your initial meeting with the IRS is critical in making this determination and it is critical that you hire a professional representative to represent you at this meeting.
Resolution of Account
Payroll Tax deficiencies can become substantial rather quickly because of the severe penalties assessed against the account. We can advise you on the most effective way to pay off the liabilities to minimize the assessment of the trust fund recovery penalty as well as the risk of enforcement action.
IRS Penalty Abatement
Penalties assessed by the IRS can mount up quickly sometimes doubling the amount actually owed to the IRS. Using our understanding of the tax laws and the mechanisms within the IRS available for abatement, we can represent you in negotiating the abatement of the penalties from the initial request through the appeal process.
Preparation of Delinquent Returns
Failing to file your tax returns is a criminal offense and can be prosecuted and punished with potential jail time, one year for each year not filed. We can help you be in compliance with the law. If you voluntarily file your delinquent returns you'll likely avoid further problems other than having to pay the interest and penalties.
Analysis of IRS Records
Obtaining a copy of your IRS file is critical in analyzing the options available to resolve your tax problems. Requesting copies of your IRS file is best done by a professional who understands how to obtain them without raising any red flags as well as how to interpret the information in your file.